Intern - Social Media
Celeb SecretsRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
POSITION - SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
START DATE - IMMEDIATELY
END DATE - END OF YOUR SEMESTER or TBD
REQUIRED - AT LEAST 15 HOURS PER WEEK, OR WHATEVER IS SET BY YOUR UNIVERSITY
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT OR EXPERIENCE
Celeb Secrets is looking for multiple digital marketing wizards to help coordinate content for our growing social media handles alongside our social media team! This group will help lead the social and digital strategy for Celeb Secrets' Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook handles, as well as Celeb Secrets Country's Twitter, Instagram and Facebook handles. We are looking for candidates who are obsessed with all-things pop culture, music, movies, TV, social media, and of course Country music. You are creative, detail-obsessed, and comfortable balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You also have strong written and communication skills, and an intimate understanding of Internet culture for Millennial and Gen Z consumers.
As a social media intern, your responsibilities may include:
- Developing, implementing and managing our social media strategy by creating a content calendar
- Researching audience preferences and discovering current trends within our demographic, reporting relevant insights
- Creating (and coordinating) engaging captions and content for social media posts on various platforms. Content includes photo assets, gifs, and short video clips
- Working with social media director(s) to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Scheduling content on our platforms either manually or through marketing tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Planoly, etc.
- Community management and fan engagement across brand's social media accounts to help grow our brand
- Carrying out various admin tasks for team, such as arranging meetings and taking notes, etc when needed
The best candidates should have the following qualities:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and creative thinkers
- Strong communication and writing skills; able to speak the language of our audience
- Be knowledgeable of the mechanics and best practices for various social platforms
- Forward-thinking; stays on top of the latest cultural and digital trends
- Obsessed with all-things pop culture, movies, TV, music, and Internet (i.e. social media celebs)
- Basic understanding of creative platforms like G-Suite (Google Docs, Calendar, Sheets, etc), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Canva, iMove, Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere as well as previous experience with content management systems/marketing tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Planoly, etc.
- Familiarity with Celeb Secrets brands' platforms and social media accounts
- Curiosity for innovative products/platforms and willingness to implement creative ideas
- Be flexible with availability in accordance with internship guidelines (approx. 15 hours per week). Student should be able to commit some time during normal work hours along with evenings and weekends when needed
- Previous related work experience is encouraged
- Only available for academic credit or experience only.
This is a great project for students to prove their digital marketing expertise to future employers, as the impact of their work on this project can be easily measured and communicated.
Celeb Secrets is a digital organization specializing in entertainment. The media outlet covers breaking news in verticals such as culture, celebrity, politics, sports, music, movies, television, country, fashion, and lifestyle, making it a one-stop shop for its teen and young adult readers.
Created by Juliet Schroder in 2010 at the age of fifteen, the organization has become one of the fastest rising media outlets in its niche, making the homemade project become a bi-coastal business that's had representation at high-profile media events including the Golden Globes, AMAs, X Games, New York Fashion Week, and Stagecoach Music Festival, with over 100K collective followers across social media platforms.
The organization is a springboard for any individual that has a passion for a career in the entertainment industry. Showcasing a team of talented students and recent graduates, each member receives a true ''hands on'' experience that puts them ahead of their peers.
Job Code: Social Media
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system, we automatically include this in the subject line for you.
This internship is open to anyone in the US that's able to receive academic credit. Others are still encouraged to apply, however, it will be for experience only.
The job posting is best for...
- Graphic Designers
- News Analysts, Reporters, and Journalists
- Public Relations Managers and Specialists
- Writers and Authors
- Audio, Video, and Sound Engineering Technicians
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Film Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online