Intern - Country Music & Culture Writing
Celeb SecretsRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
COVID-19 UPDATE: Celeb Secrets' work model has changed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. All opportunities are now remote, and any assignment will be completed safely in the intern's home instead of the usual on-site.
Unpaid: Academic Credit Required OR for Experience Only
START DATE - IMMEDIATELY
END DATE - When your semester ends
Celeb Secrets is one of the hottest rising news sources for millennials. Based out of multiple entertainment capitals such as New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville, Celeb Secrets is looking for interns who are passionate about their favorite country artists and report on all the trending news straight out of Music City for our country vertical, Celeb Secrets Country.
All internships are unpaid and available to students or recent graduates that are looking for real hands-on experience. Applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or for experience only. Interns will be expected to commit for a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 20 hours per week remotely depending upon assignments. Should your academic program require a different hour allotment, please let us know and we will work with your university to make sure that this position fits their guidelines.
The unpaid internship is guaranteed to be a unique opportunity if you are looking to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Our interns gain practical, real-world experience, and are trained to be able to work on high-profile assignments that mid-level professionals at competing publications work on. These assignments include but are not limited to representing the company at major red carpets, press junkets and photo/video shoots, as well as reporting/reviewing trending news in country music and culture.
Celeb Secrets' network in verticals across all forms of entertainment make our interns not only well-rounded, but prepared to tackle any type of assignment given to them throughout their professional journey.
At Celeb Secrets, assignments may include...
- Writing a MINIMUM of 2 trending stories per day on our website(s) related to professional and personal lives of country music stars, including but not limited to project announcements, life milestones, among others.
- Drafting interview questions for the coverages you are assigned
- Transcribing interviews
- Virtually representing Celeb Secrets as a host for one-on-one interviews and junkets conducted via Zoom
- In-person opportunities may arise for Nashville-based students (must be able to adhere to COVID guidelines set by event organizer). Note that you do NOT need to live in Nashville for this position. You can be based ANYWHERE in the US and we will work with you and your location should you want to cover in-person opportunities.
- Producing roundups for the assignments you cover - can be written or video (for YouTube)
- Suggesting new story/content ideas to staff
- Must be flexible to virtually cover contests as they can run into the evenings and weekends (when needed)
This intern will have a strong voice and active role in Celeb Secrets Country's content slate. This will include the country music award and festival season. More are TBC throughout the semester. DO NOT apply for this position if you are not familiar with the country music realm, including but not limited to Southern culture, the genre's stars of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Celeb Secrets is a digital organization specializing in entertainment. The media outlet covers breaking news in verticals such as culture, celebrity, politics, sports, music, movies, television, country, fashion, and lifestyle, making it a one-stop shop for its teen and young adult readers.
Created by Juliet Schroder in 2010 at the age of fifteen, the organization has become one of the fastest rising media outlets in its niche, making the homemade project become a bi-coastal business that's had representation at high-profile media events including the Golden Globes, AMAs, X Games, New York Fashion Week, and Stagecoach Music Festival, with over 100K collective followers across social media platforms.
The organization is a springboard for any individual that has a passion for a career in the entertainment industry. Showcasing a team of talented students and recent graduates, each member receives a true ''hands on'' experience that puts them ahead of their peers.
Job Code: Country
This internship is open to anyone in the US that's able to receive academic credit. Others are still encouraged to apply, however, it will be for experience only.
The job posting is best for...
- Graphic Designers
- News Analysts, Reporters, and Journalists
- Public Relations Managers and Specialists
- Writers and Authors
- Audio, Video, and Sound Engineering Technicians
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Film Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online