Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for local news? Do you have strong writing skills? The Web Producer creates compelling written content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com, under the guidance of the Digital Content Manager. The primary goal is to create engaging content to assist with building site traffic and growing social media reach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Scheduling and production of website content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
• • Under leadership from Digital Content & Promotion Manager, creatively brainstorm and produce compelling articles & interactive content to resonate with local users.
• Schedule and write social media posts for all CBS Detroit & CW50 Detroit accounts.
• Assist in adapting TV materials to CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
• Work to increase traffic through outreach to other content aggregators.
• • Help represent the stations in the online sphere (station websites and social media), interacting with users, answering comments, and addressing inquiries as they arise.
• Work with Digital Content Manager to maintain the overall integrity of websites.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent writing skills (and copy-editing skills) a must.
• Thorough attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines
• Must be social media savvy.
• Eye for good local and viral content.
• Experience with WordPress & Adobe Photoshop preferred.
• Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.