VP, Group Design Director -
CBSStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/21/2023 9:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Group Design Director - jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all VP, Group Design Director - postings
Full Time Job
VP, Group Design Director - (Open Location)
CBS Stations Group, seeks a dynamic leader as our VP, Group Design Director in all areas of visual communication. We are looking for a hands-on, design junkie that brings design initiatives to life; visuals are what you do.
If you are proficient in all mediums and yearn to carry your designs through, good with people, a seasoned designer with exceptional vision, craft and concepts. If you can barely watch television without rewinding and frame advancing anything that youâ€™re not certain how it was created, then we are looking for you. Come join our growing team!
Portfolio and references required
• Oversee CBS Stationâ€™s design direction and execution of brand design systems, group-wide graphics packages, breaking news packages and major event creative
• Responsible for major design initiatives
• Responsible for group content development packaging and visual identity
• Build efficiencies and scale by overhauling and creating processes, and workflows
• Develop an asset sharing system to create efficiencies and provide access to our best work across the CBS News brand
• Help Stations recruit, mentor and grow a team of creative talent
• Collaborate and develop brand identity across CBS Stations, CBS News and CBS Marketing
• Lead the direction of and partner with vendors to advance our purpose and aesthetic within set design, AR and other tools and systems that support news presentation
, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Visual Communications, Design, Fine Arts or related field preferred
• A mastery of Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in motion design
• Demonstrated track record of art/design direction and management required
• Hands-on design capabilities required
• Experience with facilitating outside vendors, freelance personnel, etc.
• Broadcast experience, including on-air graphics and templating recommended
• Tech-savvy thinker capable of utilizing technology to advance design process and workflows
• Ability to communicate and present concepts in a clear and engaging way
• Self-driven, creative problem-solver able to conduct research, build style frames and storyboards to visually guide the creative process
• Whip smart, loyal to public service, and a fan of local news
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $176,000.00 - 225,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.