Visual Communications Designer
CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Marketing is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Visual Communications Designer to be part of our Creative Services team. The goal is to apply a framework created by the Design department and Brand Guidelines to implement multiple use cases. You will collaborate with the team to implement designs for use across a variety of platforms. The right candidate will have very strong and nimble design skills and is passionate about print and digital design. This role is suited for someone who isn't afraid of creative challenges. Day-to-day this person will collaborate with partners across the business and be part of a core team representing the single source of truth for all things related to brand design and creative.
Come join our Creative Services team!
• Designer will be responsible for designing a variety of materials for our marketing, studios, sales, publicity and talent, news and sports teams across digital, OTT platforms, social media, email, presentation decks, print, merchandising, and out-of-home.
• Deliver projects that are engaging, accurate and of the highest quality.
• Design branded concepts, artwork, layouts, and assets for various demanding and time-sensitive events, including but not limited to Comic-Con, SxSW, TCA Press Tours, Upfronts, Board Meetings, and Awards / 'For Your Consideration' campaigns.
• Maintain a working database of competitive networks and advertising and design trends through typography, design, and photography
• Develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication, collaboration
• 3 years working experience or degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art/Design, Advertising or a related field.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After Effects/Premiere is a plus)
• Working knowledge of digital/print production, photography, photo-retouching and key art compositing
• Experienced in Keynote and Powerpoint
• Familiarity with email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp
• Comfortable working within various Digital Asset Management systems such as OneDrive, frame.io, Jira, Widen, or DF Studio
• In-Depth understanding of file resolution, color space and mechanical production
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and emerging technology
• Capable of handling and organizing multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be flexible, deadline-driven, and able to confidently deliver accurately
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Well organized, detail oriented, able to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external partners with a wide range of personality types
• Positive personality and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Ability to anticipate scheduling/organizational challenges and suggest solutions in a timely manner
• Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks