Vice President, Labor Relations
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2023 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President, Labor Relations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Labor Relations postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Supporting the Labor Relations SVPs and other members, you will work with unions and business groups in contract negotiations, grievance resolution, arbitrations, interpretation and resolution of issues relating to collective bargaining agreements. You will also provide direction to business units such as Human Resources, Business Affairs, Legal, News, Sports, Operations and Facilities and Television Stations Groups, Production and Finance regarding labor relations and negotiations.
• Negotiate and draft contract language and manage relationships with unions and representatives.
• Assist with planning strategy for labor negotiations.
• Collection, analysis and distribution of information that is needed by department both on a routine basis and for special projects and maintain various databases.
• Represent the Company in Industry-wide negotiations, as well as CBS specific negotiations regarding CBS Studios, CBS Television Network, CBS News and Sports, CBS Distribution, Showtime and the CBS Television Stations.
• Research and analyze labor related issues and questions and render recommendations or opinions.
• Resolve grievances and disputes prior to litigation.
• Represent the Company in Union grievances and disputes and assist the legal department / outside counsel with the Company defense of related arbitrations or litigation as well as hearings and administrative procedures.
• Conduct and coordinate Union benefit fund audits with the Company.
• Four year college degree.
• JD with New York admission preferred but not required.
• 10 years of experience in labor relations required, preferably in the entertainment industry.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and analytical skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to plan the resolution of complex issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the labor, legal, production and business unit leadership.
• Ability to establish effective relationships with union representatives and other labor organizations, as well as with other labor relation executives at the other entertainment companies.
• Sound judgment to distinguish relevant information, assimilate and analyze facts, and apply problem solving techniques.
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industryâ€™s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Hiring Salary Range: $175,000.00 - 210,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.