CBSNew York, NY
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Job Summary: The CBS Sports Network Transmission Coordinator will assist the Transmission Department in the daily scheduling and delivery of CBSSN Studio, remote, and taped programming. The Transmission Coordinator will report to the Supervisor of Operations.
• The scheduling of transmission facilities for all CBSSN Studio, Remote, Production, and Assignment Desk events.
• The scheduling and coordination of remote transmission service providers, satellite, and fiber vendors.
• Day of air coordination of all Studio and Remote broadcast transmission.
• Perform technical evaluation and adjustments to all incoming signals.
• Trouble shooting any issues pertaining to the delivery of CBSSN programming.
• The Quality Control of all CBSSN Taped programming prior to air.
• The tracking of all CBSSN Programming to ensure the delivery to the CBSSN Origination Facilities.
• Manage the CBSSN Conditional Access process and work with CBSSN cable affiliates to ensure the proper reception on the SD and HD networks.
• All other duties as required.
• Working knowledge of television master control and transmission systems.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful Live Remote Broadcast, breaking news situations, and system outages.
• Knowledge of routers, server workflows, monitoring equipment, video formats, compression technologies, file formats, frame synchronizers and video conversion techniques (e.g. aspect ratio, up and cross conversion).
• Must be able to analyze complex system problems and take corrective action under pressure.
• Must be detail oriented and have strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to lead in a fluid television broadcast environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to work irregular hours; holidays and weekends.
• Flexibility to work at the CT and NY facilities
• This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can interface and manage with a diverse group of people and situations.