The Late Show With Stephen Colbert - Writers' Assistant
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2021 12:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for The Late Show With Stephen Colbert - Writers' Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all The Late Show With Stephen Colbert - Writers' Assistant postings
Full Time Job
THIS IS A FULL-TIME STAFF POSITION
CBS is seeking an Writers' Assistant to join The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. This individual will assist in facilitating communication between the creative & production teams. The Writers' Assistant will reports to EP and head writers.
• Communicating with graphics & footage teams to relay element updates.
• Sending regular script updates to Ad Sales and Standards & Practices.
• Transcribing notes in creative & editorial meetings.
• Monitoring all day-of and long lead scripts/pitches.
• Communicating with writers as necessary to relay needs of production & research, and vice versa.
• Sending lower thirds to post-production team.
• Handle administrative duties for the EP and writers including managing schedules, planning meetings, keeping calendars and programming schedules up to date, etc.
• Entry-level experience in TV production and/or a writers' room.
• Strong interest and familiarity with TV production, late night, news and pop culture.
• Self-starter with a positive can-do attitude who identifies problems and then comes up with solutions.
• Ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.