CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• This position is a supervisory role in which the individual will provide technical operations leadership, guidance, and support within Broadcast Distribution for all business units as well as internal and external clients
• Act as the Technical/operational lead for LIVE event planning, technical execution, including troubleshooting, problem resolution, and ensuring all inbound and outbound signals meet or exceed CBS/Viacom Technical standards
• Provide direction to satellite uplink and terrestrial transmission vendors to optimize signal quality from production remotes
• Directly Manage systems administration tasks, software upgrades, documentation, and bug fixes for highly complex broadcast and transmission systems
• Assist in scheduling and training of technical staff, creation of SOP's, performance reporting, and project management responsibilities
• Requires proven experience in live-to-air television and/or remote field operations, with responsibility for audio/video/data quality and continuity;
• Hands-on experience setting-up and operating transmission facility hardware such as satellite receivers, antennas, and router control panels;
• Advanced knowledge of RF modulation, MPEG compression, multiplexing, encryption, and data transport standards, understanding of signal flow and the analog and digital forms of standard and high definition video, audio, and ancillary data;
• Proficiency in operating video/audio/RF and data test equipment such as waveform displays, vector scopes, audio monitors, and spectrum analyzers.
• IT and Networking skills preferred
• 5 to 7 years' in a supervisory capacity in a Tech Ops and/or Broadcast Network role, leading a Union staff is a plus.
• Self-managing individual with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Position requires ability to quickly diagnose and resolve RF, satellite, and fiber technical issues to maintain air operations
• Proficiency with PC-based Microsoft Office products, Visio, and database skills
• Strong communication skills, oral and written, to document and report technical matters
• Technical education preferred; 4-year degree or equivalent military or work experience.
• Provide onsite support as required to cover special events and the needs of the business