Technical Director, CBS Sports Digital
CBSFort Lauderdale, FL
Technical Director, CBS Sports Digital (Contract)
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
This is a Freelance position based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
(M-F/ ~ 40hrs-week. Potential weekends on occasion)
• Set up and prepare the studio for each broadcast including lighting and camera framing
• Check in each guest/analyst via Skype, TVU, LiveU, Zoom, etc. This includes a full audio check
• Direct, switch, and operate audio and cameras during broadcasts. Show times and durations vary from 15 minutes to full hour broadcasts on CBS Sports HQ
• Work closely with various Paramount Global entities to connect guests and analysts
• Must be prepared for breaking news and postgame reactions throughout each shift at any time
• Work closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to create compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 2 years of ''hands-on'' experience in the technical direction of television newscasts
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Since the schedules will rotate, you must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights, and holidays. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
• Experience with ELC OPERATIONS â€'' calling and cutting News Broadcasts, Camera Robotics, Audio Consoles, Playout Servers, and Graphics Playback
• Extensive knowledge of video switchers, graphics systems, server playout systems, audio consoles and robotic camera systems is essential.
You might also have â€''
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent
• Experience with Ross products including switchers, Inception and Xpression
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.