SVP, First Run Development and Brand Extensions
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2023 11:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for SVP, First Run Development and Brand Extensions jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all SVP, First Run Development and Brand Extensions postings
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities:
The SVP of First Run Development and Brand Extensions is responsible for working in collaboration with senior leadership to optimize and grow the value of the CBS Media Ventures (CMV) portfolio.
This individual will leverage existing brands and develop new shows to drive audience and revenue as well as partner with brands across CBS to create and unlock new co-programming opportunities. This role will work directly with CBS Stations and CMV Sales and Licensing to ensure development and brand extensions are in alignment with business opportunities.
The role requires a willingness to initiate and inspire change, a mix of creative and critical thinking skills, and a cross-company and multi-platform mentality, including detailed knowledge of network, cable, digital, social, diginet, and streaming channels.
include but are not limited to:
• Build and coordinate future content strategy for CMV in partnership with senior CBS, CMV, and Station leadership as well as current showrunners
• Leverage existing IP and franchises to drive audience and revenue growth through new brand extensions across TV, digital, social and diginets, i.e. DABL
• Develop collaborative partnerships with CBS Entertainment as well as CBS News and Stations to create new co-programming and marketing opportunities
• Review content, monitor the production of content, and find creative and production alignments across CMV and CBS shows
• Interpret and analyze audience research, both quantitative and qualitative, and implement recommendations
• Meet and discuss media programming with clients, producers, creators, and advertisers
• Develop, manage and maintain positive relationships with key talent
• Bachelor's degree
• 10-15 years of experience in Television Development
• Experience with TV production/national syndicated shows as Executive Producer or Show Runner
• Experience with top-level talent and talent management
• Experience with highly rated or Emmy-winning daytime shows
• Experience with TV financials, revenue, and Business Development
CBS Media Ventures is the preeminent company in television syndication. CMVâ€™s first-run programming reaches 48 million unique same-day viewers each week, more than all other syndicators, cable networks and all 4 of the broadcast networksâ€™ prime-time. CMV produces or distributes â€œThe Drew Barrymore Show,â€ â€œJeopardy!,â€ â€œWheel of Fortune,â€ â€œEntertainment Tonight,â€ â€œInside Edition,â€ â€œHot Benchâ€ and â€œPictionary,â€ as well as the â€œJudge Judyâ€ and â€œDr. Philâ€ libraries. The division also handles national barter advertising sales for Debmar-Mercury's and Fox's first-run syndicated programming, and operates Dabl, a multiplatform, advertiser-supported lifestyle network (www.dabl.com). CMV is a division of Paramount.
Hiring Salary Range: $300,000.00 - 350,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.