Studio Tech, CBS Sports Digital
Studio Tech, CBS Sports Digital (Freelance)
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Studio Tech will work together with directors and producers in planning productions to get talent ready in any and all locations.
• Set up and prepare the studio for each broadcast including lighting and camera framing
• Check in each guest/analyst via Skype, LiveU, Zoom, etc. This includes a full audio check
• Prepare set for all show needs including microphones, IFBs and game viewing
• Work closely with various Paramount Global entities to connect guests and analysts
• Must be prepared for breaking news and postgame reactions throughout each shift at any time
• Assist studio talent with technical needs
• Begin training to switch and operate audio during live-to-tape broadcasts to fill in for other positions when needed
• Follows directives from producers and directors during production of live and recorded sports segments and programs in the control room and studio
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 1 year of ''hands-on'' experience in the control room of television newscasts
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Since the schedules will rotate, you must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights, and holidays. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
• Experience with ELC OPERATIONS â€'' calling and cutting News Broadcasts, Camera Robotics, Audio Consoles, Playout Servers, and Graphics Playback
• You might also have â€''
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent
• Experience with Ross products including switchers, Inception and Xpression
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Hiring Salary Range: $$50,000 - $55,000.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.