Stream Executive Producer
Full Time Job
Working under the leadership of the stationâ€™s Director of Streaming and Digital, the streaming EP must be a transformative manager who can also implement daily stream editorial tasks. The streaming EP will help implement the News Departmentâ€™s strategic vision for stream programming as well as overseeing the day-to-day management tasks of stream workflows and activities of other stream producers.
The stream EP is a key Digital Department and newsroom contributor who is tech savvy and able to master our proprietary streaming back-end platform. The candidate is editorially intuitive and curious, has superb news judgment and has a record of thriving in a fast paced newsroom and can remain calm during high-stress, breaking news situations.
Chief attributes of successful candidates include positive experience with breaking and planned news coverage in a television and online news environment, conceptualizing new stream shows and segments and being able to create/manage full-show rundowns.
The streaming EP must be a team-player comfortable with television line producers and digital producers. The candidate will be a key newsroom leader for streaming technology who can serve as a top stream evangelist to station staffers who can build consensus for our station streaming activities.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Creating, managing, setting stream rundowns in proprietary CMS streaming platform.
• Helping grow audience viewership levels for all stream dayparts, especially during peak morning and evening times.
• Working in the control room and leading live coverage when needed for the stream as well as coordinating efforts of other stream producers when needed.
• Communicating clearly, regularly with streaming producers for quality control and on daily workflow tasks.
• Working as chief stream liaison with CBS Stations corporate steam leaders/managers for platform improvements/upgrades.
• Thinking proactively about stream programs/projects that can engage stream viewers.
• Maintaining the highest standards of CBS News Miami.
• Five-plus years of experience in creating and building show rundowns in broadcast or digital news environment for local or national programs.
• Must have a solid background in news and a solid grasp of news editorial standards.
• Must be able to craft SEO-friendly video player headlines, descriptions and push alerts that drive viewers to online streams.
• At least five yearsâ€™ experience managing a news production team
• Experience producing and overseeing live newscasts in a control room environment for breaking news and planned shows.
• Strong organizational skills that allow for proactively creating and balancing several projects simultaneously and being able to prioritize projects when needed
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.