Staff Writer, Basketball Scouting - 247Sports
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
247Sports is a digital enterprise focused on delivering original college sports and recruiting news on a team-by-team basis to passionate sports fans across the world through a spectrum of platforms. 247Sports is a brand within the CBS Sports Digital Division which is made up of a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBS Sports, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices.
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about high school basketball, college basketball and recruiting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our National recruiting coverage – providing content for our audience and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them on our message boards.
• Report and provide free and premium written updates on college basketball, trends, and contribute to 247Sports rankings.
• Cover key recruiting events throughout the year to gather information for our rankings and conduct interviews with prospects during camps and tournaments which will provide unique content for our users and subscribers.
• Provide exciting and relevant information regarding our rankings and updates to our teamsites, experts, and desk that reflects the high standards of our 247Sports brand.
• Continually provide ideas and insights to the larger recruiting team on a regular basis.
• Appear on camera as the need arises.
• Produce video and podcast content for audience distribution
• Being up to date on top prospects in the latest recruiting classes for ranking purposes.
• Provide original and quality team content to help grow team site audience and message board community.
• Work with national editorial to provide comprehensive coverage on national recruiting news.
• Experience coaching, scouting, or reporting on college basketball and recruiting
• Strong knowledge of the industry and players
• Must be able to travel and work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Experience in multimedia especially shooting and editing photos and doing video and podcast
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Experience on camera for video features around basketball coverage
• Experience covering and reporting on college basketball and recruiting on the West Coast