Sr Social Media Producer
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
The CBS Sports Social Media team builds and distributes all content posted from CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network, and CBS Sports Digital's social media channels. In a sports media landscape that's cluttered with noise, we take pride in building creative concepts that cut through with our audience and represent the values of our brand.
With our rights acquisition of numerous soccer properties, CBS Sports is building a team to lead our coverage of soccer on social media. The Senior Social Stories Producer will be a significant contributor to programming our soccer accounts. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in the language of European football. Further, they will understand best practices of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok, as proven by their portfolio of work. They must be equipped to build content (i.e. videos, graphics, photoshops, memes) that best play to each platform's audience.The candidate will work in partnership with the wider social and editorial teams at CBS Sports to create fun, engaging social stories for these accounts. They must have the ability to identify trending stories, format them for social platforms, and use them to engage our audiences.
The Senior Social Stories Producer will play a key role on all soccer-related accounts at CBS Sports. In addition to covering UEFA club competitions, Serie A, Liga Profesional, Brasileirão, and NWSL matches on CBS platforms, they will be responsible for covering significant non-CBS matches from European leagues (e.g. Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, etc.) and important breaking news in the soccer world.
• Come up with original creative concepts in reaction to ongoing social conversation in European football
• Lead and develop daily posts for CBS' soccer accounts across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
• Build photoshops and memes
• Communicate with peers in Production, Editorial, and Marketing teams to support their priorities through our social accounts
• Coordinate with CBS soccer talent to produce/post video to our social accounts
• Work with social designers and video editors to build editorial and promotional content
• 3 years relevant experience leading branded social media accounts
• Grasp of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere with a hunger to improve your craft
• Familiarity with and passion for soccer, especially European leagues
• Willingness to adapt working schedule to cover primetime soccer matches, often on nights and weekends
• Ability to work under extremely fast turnaround times
• Exceptional writing ability and a strong understanding of English grammar