Sr Product Manager
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/30/2021 8:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr Product Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr Product Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Product Manager?
Full Time Job
Sr Product Manager, OTT & Smart TV Apps - CBS Sports Digital
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports' Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
CBS Sports, one of the largest premium US sports properties, is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to guide OTT & SmartTV app development working in close partnership with our video infrastructure team. Just like a multi-tooled athlete, you must cover multiple areas with your overarching skill set that showcases iterative improvement throughout each season. Michael Jordan didn't reach the Hall of Fame day 1, but the daily work routine over a 15 year career got him there. Are you ready to put that work in?
Our ideal Product Owner isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You understand what it takes to work with stakeholders to build products that keep users coming back for more. The 12 month national sports league calendar is constantly on your mind. You are immersed in the sports video streaming landscape, understanding the features that lead to best-in-class live event viewing. Remotes for FireTV, Roku, and AppleTV are always within reach. You are more agile than a yogi, more cross-functional than a Swiss Army Knife, more passionate than a telenovela. Your maker personality leads you to obsess over details until you get a product just right. You inspire your team and co-workers while pushing the limits to deliver excellence. You love the idea of working on a distributed team of ninjas to create new initiatives while hitting your goals on key metrics.
You will be responsible for managing and operating Roku, Fire TV, & Apple TV OTT apps in addition to growing the Smart TV app portfolio, LG & Vizio. You will maintain the operating cadence across professional sport seasons while crafting the product strategy for video over the next 5 years that increases our video inventory, optimizes our live event player, and drives retention in the first 30 days of install. The four quarter roadmap will always be one click away while you maintain daily operation priorities. Releases will correlate to our core live event calendar in UEFA Champions League, NFL, College Football, College Basketball, and Masters coverage. You will be an active leader in bi-weekly sprint cycles while managing the following areas of business
• Help craft and evangelize the overall CBS Sports product vision, while tactically executing the product backlog for video.
• Define Objectives & Key Results to be achieved for your product area. Develop key customer metrics for optimizing products for the desired outcome.
• Identify and document product requirements for features and functionality, and lead the product development lifecycle along with engineering. You should have enough technical proficiency to identify dependencies on other teams and work with them to align roadmaps.
• Always cognizant of the Paramount roadmap as it pertains to the core value proposition for ''sports'' users. Using this knowledge to implement feature parity across the CBS sports apps and support in areas Paramount cannot.
• Champion CBS Sports customers and advocate for our users across all stakeholder groups with the support of data, research, & business insights. Partner with CBS Market Research and Customer Service to monitor the pulse of our core loyalists, Paramount subscribers, and authenticated cable users.
• Partner with marketing and programming to assure the best live events are effectively advertised across experiences.
• Champion CBS HQ programming needs with detailed requirements for organization management of long & short form content.
• Work across ViacomCBS advocating for more sports video content across our house of brands that adds depth to our league experiences.
• Articulate the authentication, registration and identity system strategy for Connected TV apps based on audience insights, optimization opportunities, and input from key stakeholders.
• Develop a Sports portfolio-level vision with cross-functional leaders, and define the standards of how various aspects of user authentication, such as session management, user profile creation, cable auth, Paramount auth, customer onboarding and messaging, will be implemented.
• Regularly conduct competitive analysis to devise new initiatives and product strategies improving our market position. Partner with design to bring industry leading design patterns
• Drive activation into Paramount subscriptions with constant A/B testing and alignment with the Paramount product growth team.
• Be in a constant state of performance evaluation and optimization in the home & league pages.
Is this you?
• You dissect features like Mahommes shreds the secondary.
• Evaluate trade-offs like Kershaw throws a change-up to set up the fastball.
• Debug issues like Lebron handles the high expectations of Los Angeles.
• Leverage strong critical thinking skills to create logical structures for your team.
• You can keep your eye on the long term, high impact goals.
• You know strong relationships are core to launching world-class products.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 4 years of Product Management experience
• 2 years working on consumer-facing Connected TV experiences
• Strong experience analyzing data to generate product hypotheses.
• The desire to push your analytic skills that will feed into a large sports growth strategy grounded in the frameworks of retention, activation, engagement, churn and resurrection.
• Background in driving multiple A/B tests simultaneously across customer segments to validate hypotheses.
• Subject matter expertise on Roku, Fire TV, and/or Apple TV.
• Strong beliefs, loosely held; with a willingness to defend your product decisions yet also have your opinion changed.
• You have the ability to communicate product decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
• Desire or experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Design and Engineering to discover the solutions that exceed user expectations.