Social Media, Overnight Producer- CBS
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Media, Overnight Producer- CBS (Remote)
CBS Interactive is a premiere online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the industry. Our websites dive deep into the things that people care about: business, entertainment, games, news, sports and technology. With more than 290 million unique visitors each month, CBS Interactive is a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks.
CBS News is seeking a Social Media, Overnight Producer (Remote) to join our fast-paced Digital media Social team. We're looking for a strong editorial and Social Media background to help lead daily content publication on Social platforms, discover trending content on Social Media, and build original digital stories (both in text and video form). You're able to build strong editorial content that will engage audiences on these platforms. You're proficient in the standard methodologies of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as proven by their active Social Media profiles. You understand the most current and changing content strategies and marketing techniques utilized by these platforms. You have experience covering breaking news. You're available and willing to work newsroom hours, which include overnight shifts, weekends and holidays. Specifically, this role will provide overnight coverage to our Social desk, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. ET.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to writing trending news stories for CBSNews.com. You'll build videos and graphics, optimizing article share language from CBSNews.com for the best performance. You'll produce Social content aligned with the CBS News brand.
• Minimum 2 years of social media within a news environment, preferably a digital newsroom
• Social media expertise with a proven portfolio of work
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, standard methodologies and analytics
• Experienced user with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat
• Strong writing skills with proven portfolio of published work
• Graphic design and video editing skills, preferred
• Flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Great teammate who can work remotely with a diverse group of people
• Ability to work well with others under deadlines