Social Media Manager / Reporter
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 6:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Social Media Manager / Reporter jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Manager / Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Manager / Reporter?
Full Time Job
Social Media Manager/Reporter, We Need to Talk (''WNTT'')
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Ability to perform interesting and insightful interviews with key figures in the sports landscape, including athletes, coaches, etc. and to contribute to social segments and commentary on the WNTT linear programs.
• Strong familiarity with and passion for all mainstream sports
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Strong familiarity with all major social media platforms, especially: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook
• Understanding of what moves the needle in a cluttered sports landscape on social media
• Willingness to adapt working schedule to the sports calendar and production schedule, often on nights and weekends
• Ability to work under under tight deadlines and extremely fast turnaround times
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects
• Ability to deliver informed, passionate and engaging opinions in reaction to breaking news and major storylines