Senior Manager, Photo Editor
CBSStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated creative with a keen eye to oversee editing, retouching and distribution of still photography for a variety of keystone CBS shows. Candidates must be experienced with editing and retouching gallery and unit photography, reading scripts, handling talent approvals and covering the needs of various internal partners, including social media, marketing, and publicity while juggling priorities to meet tight deadlines. The right person for this role will have a savvy aesthetic and refined taste to match their thorough understanding of the technical and production related aspects of photography. We need a senior level editor with strong retouching chops and the drive to constantly refine and improve the process and final product, producing edits that are impactful and on brand.
• Edit, retouch, and input metadata for episodic and gallery imagery collaboratively with internal partners, distribute to the press and teams within Paramount
• Produce screen grabs to supplement unit photography when needed
• Conduct talent approvals and retouching approvals when necessary
• Store and maintain an archive of images in a variety of cloud-based platforms
• Edit and distribute imagery for live events, either onsite or remotely
• Delegate work and provide quality feedback and guidance to outside retouchers when necessary
• Maintain workflow of paperwork for onboarding vendors and billing
• Stay in-tune and work collaboratively on the creative direction of show photography with Publicists, Photo Producers, marketing personnel, photographers
• In conjunction with the team lead, find opportunities to train and mentor junior colleagues, share best practices, and work towards elevating the output of the entire team.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners and a variety of press outlets.
• 8 to 10 years of experience editing photography in television/streaming
• A high-level mastery of raw editing and non-destructive retouching workflows in Photoshop
• A finely tuned understanding of quality output in terms of composition, color and retouching
• Ability to identify and correct deviations from established specifications
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent attention to detail, organized, and savvy with time management
• Proven ability to manage high volumes of work
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with editing tools and DAM platforms such as Photo Mechanic, MerlinOne and Digital Fusion
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, CameraOne
• Understanding of Local 600 and 667 union rules and guidelines a plus