Senior Director, Integrated Marketing & Branded Content
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library.
CTD handles the domestic television distribution of popular off-network product from CBS Television Studios, CBS News and Showtime. The division also handles national barter advertising sales for Debmar-Mercury's and Fox's first-run syndicated programming, and operates Dabl, the new multiplatform, advertiser-supported lifestyle network (www.dabl.com).
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior Director, Integrated Marketing and Branded Content at CBS Brand Studio will work closely with external clients, marketing, production, and media sales teams to sell-through meaningful partnerships that help drive revenue for the CBS Media Ventures slate of premium properties: Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil, The Doctors, and The Drew Barrymore Show. This role brings entrepreneurial excitement within a large, established media company. You will be working with a variety of brands in multiple categories across numerous television shows, forging deals that include completely new business models and pitching partnerships on recently launched properties. You are a self-starter, dynamic ''hunter'' and possess excellent sales negotiation and inter-personal relationship skills. You will draw on knowledge and expertise within the sales, television, PR, brand marketing, original content development, partnerships, and business planning industries.
• Analyze and prospect new business opportunities to generate revenue through innovative branded content programs.
• Optimally craft, sell and bring to life integrated in-show content with digital, social, media, PR and promotional elements through ongoing, proactive outreach direct to clients and through public relations firms.
• Forge strong connections with Media Agencies, PR Firms and brand marketers and champion genuine relationships with internal partners to galvanize support for programs.
• Work with production to bring campaigns to life, with a deep understanding of client's brand, campaign, objectives, target and messaging.
• Thrive working cross-functionally; interface daily with media sales, digital, research, marketing, legal, and finance teams to ensure cohesive integrated client campaigns.
• BA/BS degree with 10 years of sales, marketing, or PR/media agency experience
• Excellent communication, critical thinking, collaboration and presentation skills
• Solid understanding of branded content, integrated marketing, and television production
• Possess a broad network of PR and media contacts with a strong initiative to engage new prospects
• Highly professional, driven and motivated with excellent follow-up
• Integrity, passion, resourcefulness, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
• Proven successful sales record
• Talent for identifying potential ''up and coming'' partners
• Thinks creatively and strategically
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about new and emerging media trends and practices''