Senior Counsel, Licensing & Marketing, Legal Affairs
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2023 12:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Licensing & Marketing, Legal Affairs jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Senior Counsel, Licensing & Marketing, Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Senior Counsel, Licensing & Marketing, Legal Affairs (CBS Network)
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industryâ€™s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview and Responsibilities:
We're seeking a Senior Counsel to join our CBS Network law department! You will provide legal support and expertise primarily in the areas of network licensing and network marketing! This is a hybrid-remote position with the flexibility of working partly in the office (Hollywood, Los Angeles) at least 2 days per week, and partly from home on the other days of the week.
• Draft and negotiate agreements, including (1) license agreements for scripted series and live events/specials; (2) complex license agreements with third-party streamers (e.g., Netflix, Disney , etc.); (3) talent and staff deals for late-night shows; (4) podcast license agreements.
• Draft co-production, and production services agreements
• Negotiate, draft, and review various agreements for the CBS Marketing and Photo Departments, including vendor, content licensing, and production agreements relating to the creation of promotional content for use on multiple platforms
• Provide timely and accurate advice on deals, contract interpretation, risk management, rights analysis, etc.
• Advise on copyright and trademark issues, right of privacy, and right of publicity matters relating to marketing promotions
• Collaborate with Senior Executives, other legal teams, and management partners across Paramount Global, including Business Affairs, Music, Intellectual Property, Labor Relations, Labor and Employment, Distribution, Risk Management, Finance, Participations, and Tax
• Clearly communicate legal advice, strategy, and risk analysis to all individuals of varying levels throughout the organization
• Develop subject matter expertise in new and emerging production, exhibition, and marketing issues
• JD from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials
• Member in good standing of the California State Bar
• At least 5 years of experience practicing as an attorney at a leading law firm in the area of transactional law, or in-house at an entertainment/media company
• Strong contract drafting, legal writing, research, and analytical skills
• Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
• Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with executives and other levels of management
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
• Ability to build and maintain relationships within Paramount Global
• Self-motivated, and decisive, with the ability to work both independently and support a team
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities in a time-sensitive environment
• Good judgment and ability to adapt to changing or opposing demands
• Working knowledge of copyright and intellectual property law, preferred
Hiring Salary Range: $170,000 - $190,000. The hiring salary range for this position applies to California, New York City, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.