Senior Copy Editor Trending Sports, CBS Sports
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2023 5:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Senior Copy Editor Trending Sports, CBS Sports jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Copy Editor Trending Sports, CBS Sports postings
Full Time Job
CBSSports.com's senior editor of trending sports and newsletters will lead coverage and manage a growing group of writers across a wide variety of sports while also serving as a guiding voice behind coverage overlapping sports, culture and the internet. The senior editor will also take a leadership role developing, compiling, editing and sending email newsletters that reach millions of readers daily. This position, which includes benefits such as health insurance and paid vacation, may mostly work early weekday shifts along with occasional nights and weekends depending on coverage needs.
include but are not limited to:
The senior editor of trending sports will:
• Develop and edit stories that meet the quality, legal and ethical standards of CBSSports.com
• Lead composition and editing of CBSSports.com's daily newsletters
• Coordinate coverage across a wide variety of sports, including hockey, tennis, racing and the Olympics
• Help drive creative storytelling and unique content across all sports
• Manage a team of writers with a variety of experience levels and sports expertise
• Provide leadership on subjects including SEO, creative content, social media and more
• Work well with other newsroom leaders in helping plan and elevate all types of content
• Focus on driving audience loyalty to all CBS Sports products and platforms
• Proven judgment in editorial decision-making and strategic content management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A deep understanding of sports' relationship with the internet and what stories attract audience
• A track record of producing and leading creative content initiatives
• Experience with SEO and other audience acquisition tactics
• Deep knowledge of and passion for sports with a willingness to widen that spectrum
• At least five years of professional experience in a news editorial role
• An undergraduate college degree, preferably in journalism or communications
• Schedule flexibility as the role dictates
• Experience utilizing a variety of content management systems
• Experience using Photoshop or similar programs
• An established ability to work across departments
• Experience managing a significant staff of writers
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 82,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.