Sales Planning Assistant
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2022 6:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Planning Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sales Planning Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
The Sales Planning assistant position works directly with CBS TV Network sales planners and planning management. The Planning Assistant creates and updates Nielsen tracking reports for distribution to the sales floor, and performs administrative tasks for the group, such as input into CBS' payroll system and tracking vacation time.
• The planning assistant will work with managers on various projects in television research and marketing.
• The Sales Planning Assistant processes and distributes revised holds to daypart Vice Presidents and co-ordinates activity on upfront contracts with the out of town offices in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles
• The planning assistant also creates and updates Nielsen tracking reports for distribution to the sales floor.
• The planning assistant is expected to learn how to build both upfront and scatter plans and assist with special projects
• The Planning Assistant role involves the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets that help us to communicate with the digital group.
• There will be an opportunity to learn about sales planning and if interested, learn what it takes to become a planner, the first step towards a sales career.
• On an on-going basis, the planning assistant is responsible for matching Nielsen actuals to CBS sales inventory existing in the sales system, Phoenix.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Excellent computer & organizational skills.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Pleasant phone manner.
• Four year college degree highly preferred.
• Media/ad sales internship experience a plus.