CBS3/KYW-TV and CW Philly 57, the CBS-owned and operated television stations in Philadelphia, has an opening for freelance on-air reporter. Eligible candidates will be exceptional story tellers who bring great ideas to the table and know how to partner with talented photojournalists to produce outstanding packages and live shots. Candidates must be energetic, team players who understand all aspects of television news gathering and production and recognize the value of developing contacts in communities and within the government, law enforcement and business sectors.
• • Four-year college degree or equivalent experience with at least four years reporting experience
• • Extensive live and breaking news experience
• • Strong news judgment and ability to work well under pressure and deadlines a must
• • Proficiency in social media and its role in engaging viewers
• • Web writing experience
• • Excellent editorial judgment and mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law
• • Winning attitude
• • Knowledge of the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley region a plus
• • MMJ and bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply.
• • Must have a valid driver's license
• • Ability to work flexible hours – including nights and weekends.