CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Media Ventures is seeking a Full-Time Publicity Assistant to support the PR team for our New York-based syndicated talk and magazine shows.
Location: New York City
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development of written materials, including press releases, program listings, interview confirmations, tune in alerts, etc.
• Compile and circulate press clips to the internal team, as well as maintain press archives.
• Coordinate promotional video clips for press requests, publicity appearances, and pitches.
• Assemble research, talking points and information for publicity interviews and appearances.
• A bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
• 1-2 years of work experience or strong internships in publicity, news or entertainment.
• Strong writing and organizational skills are a must.
• Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Must have a passion and firm understanding of the media, with the ability to research and develop new publicity opportunities.
• An understanding of and curiosity about entertainment news, pop culture, lifestyle programming, and how the news cycle moves is a plus.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, and PowerPoint.