Production Safety Manager
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Production Safety Manager will be responsible for ensuring the overall health & safety of the CBS production workforce and the physical safety of production locations and facilities.
- Ensure CBS productions are in compliance with applicable Safety, Fire Authority, and Environmental regulations through unannounced site
visits and compliance auditing activities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned CBS productions.
- Ensure that the CBS Injury and Illness Prevention Program is fully implemented.
- Ensure that any Safety, Health or Environmental hazards/issues are corrected, eliminated or guarded.
- Assess engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE usage on an ongoing basis.
- Assure that appropriate accident investigations are conducted, including assisting/leading investigations where warranted.
- Assist in the evaluation of field shooting locations to evaluate the potential hazards/conditions that could negatively impact the cast and
- Develop strategies/ action plans to protect against these hazards.
- Coordinate and approve plans for all significant stunts and special effects scenarios.
- Attend production meetings as necessary to review the requirements of the CBS production safety program.
- Attend AMPTP meetings and associated safety course development meetings.
- Extensive travel between production locations in the U.S. and Canada will be required. Primarily Atlanta, New York and Toronto.
- Specific EH&S training from the CSATF Safety Pass program or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of production safety job experience.
- Strong PC skills in a local area network environment with Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong inter-personal skills - heavy client contact and interface with Studio operating departments.
- Proven ability to focus on issues and organize tasks to solve complex problems.
- Ensure a high level of internal customer satisfaction and effective customer relations.
- Physically capable to lift up to 50 lbs. climb ladders and work at heights.
- Must have a current passport and ability to obtain legal right to work in the USA and Canada.
- May be based in Atlanta, New York, or Toronto.
Salary DOE. Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K + more included
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online