Production Manager, Remote Operations
CBSNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Manager, Remote Operations jobs in New York-NY
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces €œINSIDE THE NFL€ for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital€™s multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
This position will work closely with the VP, Remote Operations, and Director, Remote Production Managers. The Production Manager will also actively participate in processes to determine the most efficient execution of the production plan within budgets.
• Prepares, manages, and communicates event planning information. Reviews vendor options and compares costs. This position handles initial negotiations and the day-to- day management of event packages.
• Coordinates or arranges travel planning for technical, production, vendors and support personnel within budget guidelines. Responsible for timely reporting and reconciliation of those costs.
• Participates or contributes to crew planning, crew lists, and staffing for in-house remote events. Coordinates with leagues, conferences, schools, and venues to identify and communicate requirements, requests, and access for CBS Sports /CBS Sports Network events. Weekly meeting preparation and planning. Responsible for generating and distributing remote operations memos / production memos. Reviews, edits, checks, schedules and technical details before show documents are distributed.
• Responsible for completing and maintaining show budgets. Monitors and prepares monthly estimates, monthly estimates to completion and budget closes. Authorizes, reconciles, tracks, and facilitates the payment of invoices and allocations. Includes vendors, remote production, and technical crew payroll.
• Oversees and prepares for show on-site remote needs and logistics including travel, catering arrangements, location rentals, space allocation, access, credentials, security, crew parking, technical parking, and shipping.
• Work closely with the VP, Remote Operations, Director, Production Management, and Remote Technical Operations, Technical Managers on show planning, vendors and equipment selection, and upgrades. Updates to crew database, and venue information.
• Distributes crew lists and paperwork for freelancers and remote operations staff. Approves freelancers€™ expense reports, invoices, and hours.
*Position is based in New York, New York
• 5 or more years of experience.
• Experience with budget preparation, budget tracking, posting, reporting, invoice approvals, coding, and reconciliation are required.
• Familiarity with crewing, technical skill categories, skill levels and market rates is important, as this person will contribute to crewing and database management.
• Must be a team player with excellent team-building skills and have a positive attitude with a willingness to pitch in to get things done.
• An understanding of television production and equipment.
• Adaptable and capable of contributing new ideas to the team.
• Experienced in Operations planning.
• The ability to be flexible with €œoff-hours€ communication and the understanding to handle problems in a 24/7 network environment.
• Computer skills and strong communications skills are necessary.
• Experience making travel arrangements for large groups and individuals.
• Experience with remote events planning, high profile sports events and on-site remote experience.
• Experience with contract negotiation and preparation.
• Willingness to help and support new staff and freelance employees.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.