Producer Special Projects
CBSFort Worth, TX
Full Time Job
CBS O&O in Dallas-Fort Worth (KTVT) seeks an exceptional multi skilled dynamic Producer to join our fast-paced special projects team. As our producer you thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, pitching original story ideas, conducting interviews, writing scripts, and creating basic data maps. We are looking for a self-starter who can juggle multiple stories every week, on investigative, consumer, health, and human-interest stories reinventing new ways we can reach our content consumers.
Come be part of our rockstar team of journalists. DFW is the only top 5 market where quality of life can actually-be affordable. Journalism matters. Local matters!
• Write, research skills and shoot/edit
• Work closely with Special Projects Team to develop and execute compelling content for both linear and digital platforms
• Review and edit reporter scripts to ensure accuracy, quality, and compliance with all FCC requirements and legal issues
• Work with Creative Services Department to assist in promotion of special projects pieces on multiple platforms
• Plan and execute content to support community partnerships and station events
, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's or technical degree in Broadcast Journalism
• Minimum five (5) years' experience as a news producer, reporter, or special projects producer
• Two (2) plus years in a medium or large market
• Strong writing, research skills and ability to shoot/edit are required
• Communications, or allied field preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills required
• Must be results-oriented, innovative, and demonstrate leadership and teamwork
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.