President & General Manager
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 12:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for President & General Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all President & General Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a President & General Manager?
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
The President/General Manager of WCBS-TV / WLNY-TV, CBSNewYork.com, and CBSN New York (collectively, CBS New York) will be responsible for leading the stations in the New York market and handling the strategies and teams that drive audience and growth. This executive will be at the center of CBS New York's future success, upholding our dedication to quality journalism and the communities we serve while driving modernization across the organization, prioritizing an adaptable and inclusive culture that adopts change and innovation. The President/General Manager will have a clear vision for the future of CBS New York with the capability of communicating and executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success.
He or she will be a creative problem solver who generates new ideas and understands how to improve resources to achieve market leadership. This includes developing strategies which evolve CBS New York from not only being the place to go for breaking news, but also where consumers can expect to find localized high quality, high impact journalism and content – across broadcast, digital and OTT. This executive will also work directly with CBS Corporate leadership, to drive collective growth and success.
• Build clear vision for the station and the blueprints for success that every staff member is expected to follow.
• Direct and manage the overall operations to drive results including established goals/objectives in ratings, audience, sales/revenue, market share, profit and operating income.
• Oversee and evolve the station to maximize its impact, relevancy and connection with local audiences, with focus on the continued evolution of digital/streaming platforms.
• Predict market trends and set budgets and performance expectations.
• Oversee all station departments including news, sales, marketing, engineering, programming and production.
• Lead a premium multi-platform news organization including a vast and diverse team of talent across many roles and disciplines. Oversight of the station's broadcast and 24/7 streaming service, including quality/technical requirements.
• Identify effective and efficient approaches to operations and processes throughout the organization.
• Represent the station in the community; develop and maintain strong relationships with community leaders. Seek out opportunities to contribute to the local market area for the betterment of the community.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a strong leadership team; provide guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth.
• Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards. Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes open communication, respect for others and excellence.
• Create a diverse, collaborative, and balanced work environment.
• Ensure the station is following and in compliance with all equal employment opportunity (EEO) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements
• Proven experience leading a local broadcast station or news organization. The ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment. Forward-thinking and skilled in digital changes, sources and emerging trends.
• A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation. Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
• Attention to detail and project management skills. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning.
• Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience working with unions and contract negotiations.
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to manage all aspects of the station. Significant relevant experience in broadcasting sales management or related required.
• Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred. Prior experience as a General Manager for a television station preferred.