Post Production Supervisor
CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Television Network is one of America's flagship television network brands built around three premier programming divisions: CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports. CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcasting system.
Overview and Responsibilities
CBS Marketing is looking for a Post Production Supervisor to supervise online editors and audio sweetening mixers in the production of promos and other promotion materials for broadcast, etc.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Supervise the online editing and audio sweetening of promos produced by the writer/producers and assigned by the Director of Production. This includes directing the activity of online Avid editors, audio mixers, and voice-over talent.
• Manage and QC (quality control) the production of media files for final air and distribution to digital partners.
• Confer with operations and support services personnel to coordinate unit activities with other departments.
• Edit scripts for continuity and accuracy.
• Input production data into Jira (workflow management program) and use that for the communication and production of promos.
NOTE: This role requires flexibility with working all shift schedules; as they need to be available on a rotating schedule, based on the needs of the business. Varying schedules include: (9am-5pm, 12pm-8pm (only when filling in for someone), nightshift- 5pm-1am.)
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production or 3 years related experience (e.g., a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency) and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with supervising production personnel and scheduling production facilities is essential.
• Solid technical background in post-production is an absolute requirement. Must have thorough knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing methodologies and media file formats, animated graphics, other miscellaneous equipment used in the day-to-day post-production process.
• A detailed understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
• Knowledge of Jira and/or another workflow/tracking program a bonus!
• Knowledge of Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
• Well organized and detailed person with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be even-keeled and work in a space of tight deadlines and simultaneously managing all on-air scheduling.