CBSSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CBS KPIX is seeking a Photojournalist/Editor to join their station!
Photographer/Editor duties include the shooting and editing of News stories. The Photographer/Editor is expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary lighting techniques and fully understand the use of professional audio equipment commonly used in ENG work. The Photojournalist/Editor is expected to edit all stories in the field and will routinely set and complete live shots alone and often for multiple shows. Must be familiar with Frontline vans and ENG vans.
• Must be able to troubleshoot minor equipment problems in the field and monitor/perform basic vehicle maintenance.
• A positive approach to problem-solving will be essential for success.
• Must be able to edit on Grass Valley nonlinear edit system. Must be able to edit a 2-minute news package in 30 minutes or less.
• Edit content for all social platforms creatively, to a high standard and great attention to detail.
• Must be willing to work holidays, nights, and weekends and travel on short notice.
• The ability to produce Nat packages is a plus.
• B.A. degree in a related field is preferred. Three to five years of Photography/Editing experience in a major market is required.
• Extensive knowledge of the Bay Area is preferred.
• The candidate should have three to five years of experience operating an ENG Live Van.
• Candidate must be able to edit all nonlinear systems with broadcast quality. Satellite uplink truck experiences are a plus!
• Must maintain a current California Driverâ€™s License in good standing.
• Photographer/Editor will work in a variety of environmental conditions including, but not limited to: intense noise, extreme temperature, weather, fumes/odors, dust, chemicals, smoke, and extreme heights.
• Photographers carrying camera equipment could be placed in dangerous or hazardous situations similar to, and along with, police and fire personnel.
• You must be able to travel by helicopter and light general aviation aircraft and boat.
• Must be able to work overnight and day shifts.
• This physical job requires the candidate to be physically fit to avoid injuries.
• Carry and set up ENG equipment often weighing 50lbs.
• Drive news vehicle to news story location, and to edit footage in confined areas/space.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this postingâ€™s television station should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring Salary Range: $87,360.00 - 93,600.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.