On-Air Talent Coordinator, Sports
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in television sports, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including ''NFL ON CBS;'' college football, including the ''SEC ON CBS;'' college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; and ''CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.''
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, and produces ''INSIDE THE NFL'' for SHOWTIME. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
The Talent Coordinator supports CBS Sports Network Talent relations efforts to engage with Talent for various Studio Shows, Sporting Events & appearances and ensures our Talent feels cared for while having an eye on new Technology to help advance on air storytelling for our Talent.
• Responsible for arranging air/ground transportation for and accommodations for CBSSN Studio talent and senior members of the group as well as communicating these details to Talent, Production and Operations
• Maintain internal spreadsheets to track logistical costs and details to adhere to budgetary guidelines
• Sustain a relationship with Hotel Sales Teams while being the main point of contact to secure lodging for our talent
• Track days worked of specific talent in order to meet contractual obligations
• Help build positive relationships within our team and external parties
• Act as the main presence of the Talent Group in Studio 2 to 3 days per week during the Football & CBB seasons and be the primary point of contact for Talent, high profile guests and Agents while in studio
• Cultivate relationships with Talent and Producers while offering feedback and serving as a liaison between the two
• Contribute to weekly Talent Group meetings and provide weekly updates
• Provide Production and Operations timely updates in regard to Talent while in studio
• Pull clips weekly from shows/events to aid Talent evaluation & share them with talent
• Think creatively in terms of conceptualizing new ideas in regards to expanded programming as well as how to improve our productivity, efficiency and fiscal responsibility as a department
• Support the Department Head and other team members in locating, flushing out, & the development of new Technology that will help enhance our on air program and Talent
• Attend site surveys & Demos to test new Technology as well as CBS & CBSSN events to see new Technology through including providing reports on findings
• Participate in bi-weekly New Technology meetings
• Work with outside wardrobe vendors to help manage and distribute Talent Wardrobe each season
• Working with the development team to be a primary contact for our internal Salesforce system and database
• Understanding of sports, entertainment and media industries
• Working knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• 0-2 years of experience in sports a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
Note: this role may require work on some evenings, weekends and holidays.