Newsroom Intern - CBS
CBSNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News and Televisions Stations Newsroom Internship â€'' CBS New York (In-Person):
WCBS/WLNY, CBS Newsâ€™ flagship station based in our Broadcast Center in NYC is excited to offer an internship program opportunity to learn and be exposed to all facets of its daily operations. The program will be an 8-week long, full-time (4 days a week), in-person internship.
The summer 2023 internship program will run from June 5, 2023 â€'' July 28, 2023.
• Our interns will be exposed to the fast-paced environment of our newsroom, and the many stories we chase, write and cover for all platforms, including broadcast, digital and streaming.
• Interns will see how and why we decide to cover and write stories, make editorial calls, and cover press conferences, among many other tasks.
• Work closely with the assignment desk, editors, producers, digital team and anchors to create and pitch compelling stories.
• Join our reporters and photographers for in-the-field production.
• Participate in ad hoc projects throughout the newsroom.
• Currently attending an accredited college, all majors/minors are welcome.
• Must be a junior or senior in Fall 2023.
• Must be available to work full-time (4 days a week) during internship period
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a face-paced team environment.
• This is an in-person internship, must be within a commutable distance of NYC.
Hourly Pay Range: $16.00 - 20.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.