Full Time Job
CBS Television WPCW Pittsburgh is looking for a passionate person who loves to tell a story. A story that has an impact to our community. A story that is a megaphone for our people. A person that strives on the written word, yet uses a lens to showcase the content. We are looking for our next Multi Skilled Journalist â€'' that keeps passion at the top of their resume. If you want to help change lives, if you want to be part of our powerful and passionate journalism team â€'' we could be a flawless fit. If you want to know more, simply apply belowâ€¦
• Daily gathering of news and information for various platforms including TV, Digital and Streaming
• Effective communicator in the field with story composition and live reporting
• Thrives on the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
• Excellent news judgment, ability to problem-solve
• Key collaborator with team of producers and managers.
• Strong writing and reporting skills; proven ability to react to breaking news situations
• Skilled interviewer & creative storyteller and writer.
• Ability to shoot, write & edit.
• Able to generate enterprise stories that are compelling and provide a viewer benefit
• Able to build and manage contacts in the community for developing impactful stories
• Passionate self-starter!
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College Degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience as an MSJ reporting in a commercial broadcast setting including regular live reporting; daily live reporting preferred; proven experience generating enterprise or investigative story angles a plus.
• Knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote to broadcast and the web; experience writing for the web required.
• Knowledge of iNews rundown systems and Grass Valley Stratus, and Edius editing solutions preferred
• Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus.
• Must be able to work all shifts
• Union member position
This person will shoot, write, edit, and report news stories for CBS Pittsburgh. Will turn content, front multiple live shots, write copy for the stationâ€™s website and use all social media to promote their assignments.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.