Marketing Manager, Sports
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/19/2022 11:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Marketing Manager, Sports jobs in New York-NY
Search all Marketing Manager, Sports postings
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
CBS Sports is looking for a highly-motivated Marketing Manager to help implement marketing campaigns. As well as, craft go-to-market strategies for the CBS Sports App across mobile (iOS and Android), OTT (Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, Samsung, LG), and CBS Sports HQ on numerous partner platforms.
Our ideal candidate isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They should understand what it takes to work with cross-functional shareholders to build and ideate product marketing strategy that defines the key features and differentiators of our apps that keep users coming back for more. Their mind shifts seamlessly between Android and iOS operating systems and connected TV devices, understanding the unique nuances of each platform and the best way to move each device forward. They are ready to advocate for the unique offering of free sports news with CBS Sports HQ and the growth of the channel across O&O platforms and external partners.
They're able to dissect user data with a humanistic approach to capture a wide audience through the promotional cycle of live sports in order to hit goals on critical metrics. They obsess over details and encourage the team and co-workers to deliver excellence and to get the product just right.
We are looking for someone with a passion for sports and a keen attention to detail/organization. They should have excellent communication skills, a willingness to tackle a range of challenges in the marketing space and enjoy a fast paced work environment. Note, this role will require some occasional weekend work.
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans across all platforms that drive user engagement. This improves the communication and discovery of pertinent content and high value features that drive demand.
• Establish the process and workflows of marketing material. From concept through launch, working with key shareholders to build and implement.
• Possess a deep understanding of product by working closely with product teams and key shareholders to drive the customer narrative. Highlight new features and use cases that lead to growth and retention.
• Prioritize the marketing roadmap to build updates that coincide with and act upon product release windows.
• Work with partners from Apple, Google, Amazon, Pluto, Samsung, Vizio, Roku, Xumo and others as a product advocate for CBS Sports HQ
• Partner with leaders across marketing, design, streaming operations, and other key groups. Establish cross functional knowledge transfer, acting as connective tissue that aligns each group. This acts to understand our team's user targets, how we define value props, and use competitor analysis to build campaigns that drive engagement.
• Recommend and explore new opportunities and technologies that map back to the team's goals, metrics and priorities.
• Adopt a broad approach in planning and execution. Take into account data, consumer insights, and analysis of current trends.
• Lead and communicate regular updates to executive leadership and key shareholders on progress of A/B tests and feature launches.
• Assess weekly live event priorities. Build a plan for app and site promotional placements, working with key shareholders in marketing, product, design and editorial.
• Support the development and execution of marketing campaigns. Support plans for a wide variety of live sporting events (NFL, UEFA Champions League, March Madness, PGA Tour, PGA Championship, The Masters, college football and basketball, NWSL and more) to drive viewership key performance indicators and app installs.
• Support the acquisition, delivery and trafficking of key creative assets.
• Collect recap materials i.e. screenshots and video/audio clips to create presentation materials and decks.
• Contribute in brainstorming new tactics for marketing opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 years experience in product marketing, preferably at a media or entertainment company.
• 4 years working on a consumer-facing mobile experience.
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to handle various projects. Proven ability to meet tight deadlines with enthusiasm and excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with project management tools (e.g. Trello, JIRA, Confluence, Asana, etc), 3rd party marketing and design tools (Branch, Figma) and knowledge of CMS (SFMC, etc) systems are a big plus.
• Strong organizational skills. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and business priorities!
• Background in driving multiple A/B tests simultaneously across customer segments to validate hypotheses.
• Subject matter expertise in all things iOS & Android and connected TV. Fully aware of the latest phone rumors, OS releases and personal opinions on where the market is going in the next 5 to 10 years.
• Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills essential; can collaborate effectively across various departments!
• Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets and PowerPoint and/or Google Slides
• Ability to quickly grasp and learn unique web based software, understanding the unique nuances of each to establish the best possible workflow for execution.