Manager, Post Production
CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Marketing is seeking a Manager, Production to assist the Director of Production in day-to-day operations to ensure promos are produced efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
Our ideal candidate thrives on creativity and innovation, and works to encourage a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces partnership, collaboration, mentorship, open communication, and diversity. You will continually update the production project management system, process service requests, and coordinate with creative pods to discuss needs. As the secondary liaison behind the Director you will coordinate all production with Media Planning, CBS Interactive, Paramount Plus, the marketing creative management team, 25 promo writer/producers, animated graphics group, technical and production personnel, talent, agents, etc. In this role you will manage a team of 4 Post Production Coordinators and 3 Project Managers. If this sounds like you come join us!
• Work with the Director to lead production of all (16,000 elements) marketing content produced per year
• Collaborate with various departments and divisions to coordinate production and meet daily network on-air and ViacomCBS Streaming deadlines
• Supervise production staff, including Project Managers, Post-Production Supervisors and Coordinators, online editors, and audio mixers
• Schedule voice-over talent sessions, and negotiate fees as needed
• Collaborate with Director, Production, Director, Technical Operations, VP, Production and Operations, and senior department management to develop new and more efficient automated workflows includes integrating on-premise production systems, with cloud project management, storage, file transport, transcoding, AI (artificial intelligence) solutions
• Collaborate with production group's Project Managers to ensure all production data is accurately entered into Jira our workflow management program, and that graphic orders have been accurately submitted to the Design Animation group
• Fulfill Service Desk Requests by utilizing ticketing system (Jira) for Social, Streaming, and miscellaneous requests
• Work with Writer/Producers and Creative Directors to ensure production needs are met and promos can be produced with minimal delays
• Work closely with Campaign Managers to anticipate/prepare upcoming spots for production as well as create derivative versions per media orders
• Ensure all produced marketing content is uploaded to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system to share and distribute content with the entire marketing group and our partners (e.g., ViacomCBS Streaming, CBS All Access, CBS International, etc.)
• Fulfills all duties and responsibilities for the Director as necessary
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production strongly preferred
• 5 years related experience at a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency.
• 2 years of people management experience.
• Proven technical background in post-production is required.
• Detailed knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing techniques, media file codes, media file formats, and animated graphics elements
• Understanding of file-based post-production workflows and other miscellaneous equipment and cloud services
• Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
• Familiarity with Jira ticketing/workflow