Manager Podcast Producer
CBSFort Lauderdale, FL
Full Time Job
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
CBSSports.com is looking for a manager to help lead its rapidly growing podcast division. This position is responsible for growing viewership, listenership and social reach across our national shows. Along with an intimate knowledge of the sports audience landscape, having impeccable organizational, communication and data analysis skills are keys to thriving in this role.
Your day to day:
• Manage a team of podcast producers, assisting with seasonal programming, distribution and social plans.
• Provide recurring audience reports to senior management and key stakeholders within the organization.
• Turn audience data into actionable programming and social strategies across multiple sports and platforms.
• Develop long-range programming budgets around tentpole events and sports seasons.
• Collaborate with our integrated marketing team to develop direct sales packages around shows and notable programming.
• Collaborate with our editorial and video production teams to elevate podcast programming and drive new audiences and revenue opportunities.
• Maintain a close watch of industry trends and provide recurring reports to senior management.
• Work closely with third-parties to ensure CBS Sports podcasts are on the cutting edge of the platforms our content resides.
• Occasional production work as needed for podcasts
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience managing audio, video and/or editorial content
• Video production experience preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years working in media
• In-depth sports knowledge, particularly sports that Paramount has broadcast rights to
• Expert analytical experience with the ability to transform findings into actions
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities with experience working with talent and production members
• Ability to work with and lead a collaborative production team and help guide and shape the editorial and distribution direction of multiple shows
• Experience working and managing a tight production schedule, translate ideas into action and prioritize a team's responsibilities
• Strong ability to keep open lines of communication on a team
• A knack for delivering clear, conscientious feedback on both stories and performance
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and nights