Manager, Live Event Streaming Operations
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
ViacomCBS is seeking a Manager of Live Event Operations to manage the live sporting events and streaming operations around Paramount . The ideal candidate will manage a team to run live streaming events, manage the encoders for operations and testing, and create procedures and best practices for event operations. The ability to develop, own, and report on key performance metrics is critical with the ability to discern priority and focus resources where necessary. You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of streaming operations and broadcast engineering. Weekend and overnight hours are required to support international sports schedules.
• Manage 24/7 live streaming events, such as american football, soccer, mixed martial arts, hockey and others on an international scale.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends to support international releases.
• Manage and schedule a team of coordinators to handle multiple events running concurrently.
• Set up, test, and maintain end to end workflow for streaming events or to QA for testing.
• Manage and improve ''eyes-on-glass'' dashboards related to video service and delivery
• Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any live TV streaming issues on Paramount and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
• Support internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
• Assist in rolling out DRM across all stations and live tv workflows
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Event monitoring and support across all digital platforms as well as for live events such as UEFA and NWSL
• QA of event publishing
• Monitoring and operations of live streaming events cross platform
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Experience with live streaming video or broadcast
• Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple partners and distributed teams
• Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and challenged by accountability
• Excellent internal client management and communication/ interpersonal skills
• Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required
• Prior experience with mobile technologies (mobile development, APIs)
• Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues for streaming video
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience
You might also have –
• Experience with video monitoring in a NOC or similar operations field