Manager, Asset Management & Acquisitions
CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
CBS Marketing is looking for a Manager, Asset Management & Acquisitions! This role is responsible for acquisitions, ingest, and distribution of all media assets for CBS Marketing, and its creative partners. Along with supervising a support team, this role manages all DAM (Digital Asset Management), and MAM (Media Asset Management) systems, including monitoring automated workflows, asset security, security policies, and end-user training. We are looking for someone to develop strategies for implementing future technology solutions, and workflows, and advocating for users.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for all aspects of media asset management and team to acquire, ingest, manage, and distribute media assets (e.g., show content, photography, key art, shoots, graphics, finished promos, etc.).
• Manage all DAM, and MAM systems and day-to-day operations by monitoring workflows, identifying, providing asset security and tech support, establishing, and maintaining security policies.
• Develop strategies and standards, conduct DAM/MAM system data analysis on storage and usage, anticipate digital asset management trends, and continually collaborate with partners to adjust strategies.
• Establish and maintain rigid QC processes to ensure media asset and metadata integrity by developing controlled vocabularies and metadata standard optimization.
• Develop strategies for deploying future technology solutions, integrations, and workflows by collaborating with other internal marketing teams, ViacomCBS departments and external vendors.
• Administer end-user training for all DAM and MAM systems, create and maintain workflow and instructional documentation, and establish retention and lifecycle policies.
Minimum education and experience requirements
Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science, or equivalent discipline. Minimum 5 years of proven leadership experience managing digital asset management systems and acquisitions. Experience with database management and data delivery specifications, workflows via web and API, metadata and taxonomy principles, and project management experience with methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
Knowledge and skill requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of using and managing modern DAM/MAM SaaS solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge acquiring and distribution of media assets.
• Knowledge of media related production/transcoding/distribution apps such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Telestream Vantage, Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Experience interpreting and understanding highly technical concepts and simplifying and presenting understandable ideas and solutions to non-technical end users.
• Demonstrated knowledge of productivity apps (e.g., MS Office, Slack, Google Apps, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
• Working knowledge of social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.