Graphics Production Assistant - CBS Sports Hq
Full Time Job
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
Overview and Responsibilities:
CBS Sports Digital -- a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, CBS Sports HQ, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices. Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively collaborates with the business to shape our department.
We are looking for a Graphics Production Assistant that will improve the overall production quality of CBS Sports HQ. The selected candidate will provide graphics support to keep up with the fast-paced sports news environment that will be broadcasted to our Sports HQ audience. You will have a direct impact on the viewing experience of our invested sports fans.
Include but are not limited to:
• Use Adobe Creative Suite to cut images and/or clips for implementation into Ross XPression. This includes team and sponsor logos, player headshots and action shots
• Operate ROSS XPression machine during show (will be trained if unfamiliar)
• Work in browser-based rundown system Inception (will be trained if unfamiliar)
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (i.e. communications, graphic design, new media, broadcast)
• Experience with control room/studio/newsroom environment
• Must be strong with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
• 1-2 years minimum professional experience working with graphics and in a control room
• Working knowledge of the rest of Adobe Creative Suite (notably AfterEffects and Illustrator)
• Knowledgeable about sports
• Ability to function in fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable about on-air graphics rundowns and systems (Ross XPression is most ideal)