Florida Staff Writer, 247Sports
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Florida Staff Writer, 247Sports (Remote)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about Florida football, basketball, recruiting and athletics. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our Florida team site coverage – providing content for our Florida fans and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them on our message boards.
include but are not limited to:
• Report and provide free and premium written updates on Florida football, recruiting, basketball and athletics.
• Write or contribute to national features regarding Florida athletics.
• Cover Florida football, basketball games, recruiting events and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content for Florida users and subscribers.
• Post on team site message board communities and interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight on Florida athletics.
• Build relationships and develop sources with Florida sources to provide premium information and break news.
• Provide original and quality team content to help grow team site audience and message board community.
• Work with national editorial to provide comprehensive coverage on national Florida news.
• Bachelors Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
• Experience covering and reporting on college football
• Experience in multimedia especially on-camera video and podcasting
• Must be able to travel and work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Experience on camera for video features around football and basketball coverage