Director, Social Analytics and Research
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director, Social Analytics and Research will provide clear and impactful analysis to guide and inform the Social Content Strategy, Social Platforms and Global Marketing Strategy teams. The Director will bring a consultative outlook and approach, will synthesize existing data into new metrics and ensure that all teams are taking a higher level strategic view of social, in addition to their day to day executional views.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Go beyond data reporting to analyze the ''why'' behind social campaign trends
- Independently develop thoughtful, germaine, and innovative ways of using social data from our toolkit to create new benchmarks of success
- Be the go-to for ''what's working'' and ''what should we stop doing''
- Ability to apply creative solutions and partner with other Research department specialty groups – Ratings, Primary, Marketing and Cross Platform
- Experience in standard tracking, ongoing metrics reporting and dashboard management
- Demonstrate strong expertise in all aspects of social media analytics' packages
- Display strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to distill complex analyses into simple, impactful insights
- Show strong leadership to mentor and grow the capabilities of their research team
- 6 years of social analytics experience
- Experience in social media analytics reporting and analysis
- Experience with major social media packages (Listenfirst, Netbase, Brandwatch, Canvs)
- Understanding of social media for the Entertainment industry (TV or streaming service preferred, movie industry acceptable)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred