CBSStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 4:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Research jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Director, Research postings
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
We're seeking a strong media research professional with linear or digital experience to join the CBS team! The Director will deliver clear and impactful analysis to inform programming, marketing, and scheduling decisions for the network and studio across all platforms. This role will support the Research leaders to provide analysis and insights directly to executives throughout CBS.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Go beyond data reporting to analyze the ''why'' behind daily, weekly, and seasonal viewing trends.
- Independently develop thoughtful, pertinent, and innovative research designs to answer key business questions around marketing, programming, and scheduling.
- Perform multiplatform audience reporting and tracking.
- Use all available research (primary and secondary) to develop complete, cohesive insights concentrated on driving business growth.
- Mentor and grow the capabilities and skills of the research analyst team.
- Automate reporting processes.
- Media research experience at a TV or digital company. Extensive experience in multiplatform audience reporting and tracking.
- Expert skills in multiplatform media measurement systems such as Nielsen, Adobe Analytics, comScore, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Deep knowledge of TV measurement, including Nielsen data, systems (i.e. NPower) and methodologies.
- Primary research experience in pilot/program testing and ad hoc study design.
- Distill complex analyses into simple, impactful insights.
- 10 years of media research experience at a TV or digital company.
- Possess strong communication (written and verbal) and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau), SQL or R helpful.
- Knowledge of social listening tools and an understanding of the social measurement landscape.
- Experience with process automation.