Director, Broadcast Engineering - CBS Sports
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage. CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Position Summary: Join an elite Emmy award winning Engineering team working on some of the most iconic studio productions in sports television. Lead a staff of Engineers supporting all studio productions on both CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network.
• Guide CBS Sports leadership and managers on technology strategy and architecture design
• Work closely with Sports Operations, Production and Graphics teams to ensure the design and integration of appropriate technologies and products to meet goals and objectives
• Work closely with Production and Graphics teams to source and implement new technology for studio productions
• Execute projects in a timely, open, and service-oriented manner
• Manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts
• Manage and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• 8-10 years of relevant experience required with proven knowledge of Live Studio Production, Postproduction, Distribution, Master Control, MAM, Edit, Graphics - AR, Audio, Communications and Power systems
• A BSEE / BS Computer Science, Broadcasting, Engineering, or a related field is a plus but not a requirement with relevant experience.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Occasional travel will be required for remote studio shows, technology manufacture meetings and trade shows.
• Extensive knowledge with Audio, Video and Data technologies
• Experience standing up Cloud environments and infrastructure with broadcast and production related services and systems; both standalone and hybrid with on premises infrastructure
• Deep knowledge of SDI and IP technologies including SMPTE 2110
• Proven expertise with evaluating and recommending technology solutions to assist with making strategic decisions to advance CBS Sports use of IP and Cloud initiatives
• Proficient in Video and Audio Compression technology
• Proficient in UHD and HDR technology
• Confident communication skills and ability to provide regular management program/project briefings and presentations
• Proficient in project management disciplines and processes
• Manage Engineering and Maintenance personnel
• Track record of technology, innovation, and implementation
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues