Digital Line Producer
CBSStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Line Producer (KCBS-TV Los Angeles)
CBS Los Angeles is seeking a dynamic hardworking Digital Line Producer who will support the CBSN Local Los Angeles live streaming network, primarily focused on production for multimedia content distribution to all digital platforms including mobile, desktop and OTT. If you thrive in a fast-paced newsroom with an upbeat â€œget it done attitudeâ€ all while collaborating with senior managers, then come join our growing team!
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content
• Write copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages
• Research and write questions for anchors for guest segments
• Write banners and quotes during breaking news
• Pitch and execute special feature and recurring segments
• Edit shows and stories as needed for all digital platforms
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• 2 years work experience in broadcast and digital
• 1 years' experience in the control room
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news with inquisitive programming and creative storytelling
• Strong communication skills to work effectively with different departments
• Time management skills
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
• Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment
• Familiarity with iNews and Crispin systems
• Basic video editing skills
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.