Digital Line Producer
CBSWest Sacramento, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Line Producer (CBS KOVR-TV)
This isnâ€™t your grandpaâ€™s and grandmaâ€™s CBS! CBS News Sacramento is looking for a smart, creative news producer who thinks beyond just stacking and timing a show to help support our live streaming news channel. Theyâ€™ll focus primarily on production for multimedia content distribution to CBSSacramento.com, CBSNews.com, and OTT platforms Paramount Plus and Pluto.
• Writing and producing CBS News Sacramento digital newscasts
• Covering breaking news quickly, accurately, and, possibly over an extended period as the news develops
• Gathering, evaluating, and writing stories into newscast form to provide complete, accurate, and compelling news coverage
• Working with anchors, executive producers, reporters, and editors in refining, graphically enhancing, and adding production values to stories in order to produce a quality newscast
• Writing and sending push alerts to notify our audience about live events and special coverage
The ideal candidate must have the proven ability to enterprise story ideas to enhance viewership. They must also have experience overseeing, editing, and back-timing newscasts. They should also have experience with overseeing breaking news events in a newsroom control room. Since the news doesnâ€™t stop, candidates must also be available nights and weekends.
Preferred education, experience, and certification requirements:
• Minimum two (2) years as a line producer preferred
• Bachelorâ€™s or technical degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
• Experience editing video a plus; experience with editing software Edius preferred
• Experience with newsroom producing app iNews preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills required
• Must be results-oriented, innovative, and demonstrate teamwork
If youâ€™re hard-working, thrive in a fast-paced newsroom and have an upbeat â€œget-it-doneâ€ attitude, all while collaborating with newsroom managers, then come join our growing team!
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.