Digital Content Producer, CBS Ktvt, On-Site
CBSFort Worth, TX
Full Time Job
Cowboys! Rangers! Stars! CBS O&O in Dallas (KTVT) seeks an exceptional multi skilled dynamic Digital Producer to join our fast-paced news team. Are you ready to compete in the Dallas-Fort Worth market? As our producer you thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, delivering breaking news coverage, and delivering exclusive stories, cultivating content to support CBS DFW branded digital platforms including, but not limited to our live local streaming network, station website, and multiple social media accounts.
Market 5 is calling your name. DFW is the only top 5 market where quality of life can actually be affordable! Weâ€™re recruiting right now for great News Producers and Executive Producers to join our fast-growing team.
• Clear understanding of the journalism process and ethics
• Write, edit, and arrange story placement in the streaming rundown
• Work on a variety of social media platforms and understand how to best engage with viewers
• Analyze metrics to measure performance
• Responsible for generating and uploading breaking news, sports, and entertainment content including audio/video content as well as some AP style written content
• Write teases, stories and headlines for Broadcast as well as AP style written content
• Manage strategy of sourcing and creating content for all social platforms, including but not limited to facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube
• Coach and partner with station talent to boost reach for content published to social
, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• 2 years experience in creating and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast, or digital environment
• Experience in broadcast, print, or internet editing/writing a plus
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends as well as have the flexibility to work extended hours during breaking news situations
• Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to multitask
• Attention to the details while working well under pressure to meet fast paced deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment
• Passion to own breaking news on all digital platforms first
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.