Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
What is the role?
The broadcast engineer will join the team responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement to the technical facilities in the London Bureau. This will include shift based operation of the MCR (Master Control Room) where they will work alongside the Co-Ordinator on shift. They will also be involved in the ongoing monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the technical facilities, including implementing system upgrades and creating novel solutions to provide ongoing efficiency and increase functionality.
• Ingest of file based footage into Avid system using appropriate workflows
• Playout of footage from Avid system, including baseband video and file-based exports
• Switching of video and audio lines
• Downlinking of video material via satellite, LiveU or other mediums
• Recording of Zoom calls and other online conferencing solutions
• Creation of comms links for IFB and 4-wire communication in the field
• QA of video feeds.
• Short term cover of Co-ordinator's position during their breaks
• Self development by keeping knowledge and skills up to date and identifying training needs
• Monitor and maintain broadcast facilities, and trouble shoot systems failure
• Improving technical facilities and workflows
• Carry out basic repairs on equipment
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Experiene working in an MCR/TX environment
• Use of Baseband video systems
• Satellite downlink and uplink
• Broadcast comms setups (IFB, 4-wire, conferences)
• Use of Microsoft Windows systems, including Microsoft office
• Great communication skills
• Ability to work in a team,
• Self motivated, self driven
Ideally also to have knowledge and /experience with:
• LiveU products
• Evertz products inc routers, controllers.
• EVS Axon products inc Cerebrum controller
• RTS Comms products
• Knowledge of camera systems (Sony)
• Avid systems (Interplay, Airspeed, Media Composer, Media Central)
• IP Video systems (SMPTE 2110 etc)