CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Broadcast Associate, CBS Sunday Morning
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
The Broadcast Associates for CBS Sunday Morning work at the ''hub'' of the unit. A centralized area that all Producers and Correspondents have access to and they rely on the BAs for various duties throughout the day and weekend. Seeing as CBS Sunday Morning airs on Sundays, the BAs rotate their schedule so that we have 7 days per week desk coverage.
• General news desk duties (answer telephones, screen viewer mail/email, receive and distribute mail for entire staff, run errands)
• Assist producers in various capacities (transcribe tape, retrieve archive tape, research stories, office administrative duties)
• Regularly check various sources (AP Photos, Alamy, Getty, Newspath, Archives) for most appropriate video and stills to support Producer's scripts.
• Work closely with the CBS Rights & Clearances department to ensure the legality of using the footage.
• Gather footage and elements to help produce a variety of elements in the broadcast (i.e. the ''Almanac'' and ''Calendar'' that airs every Sunday. The ''Almanac'' looks back at historic stories that happened during the current week and the ''Calendar'' looks forward to what is ahead for the week coming up. To accomplish this, the BAs work closely with the producers and writer and offer up ideas of visuals and potential elements. Must have good time management as this duty often takes a few days to license photos/video and it is imperative to make air on the current Sunday.
• Book travel and transportation arrangements for CBS Sunday Morning guests, talent and crews.
• Work schedule varies but always requires very late hours on Friday and Saturday nights in preparation for Sunday's broadcast.
• Background in journalism is desired
• Strong interest in Arts and Culture is desired
• Must be willing to work variety of schedules including nights and weekends
• Must have a good sense of time management to meet various deadlines