Broadcast Associate, CBS Weekend News
CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
The CBS Weekend News Broadcast Associate is an entry-level journalism position providing excellent opportunities to learn the basics of reporting and production at a major network news operation. The ideal candidate has excellent inter-personal skills, an ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and a passion for current events.
• produce voice overs and teases for a national news broadcast; including gathering and coordinating incoming video
• perform administrative, operational and editorial tasks as directed by producers
• field-produce coverage of news events or elements for news reports
• attend editorial meetings and pitch stories
• prepare opposition logs (detailing content of CBS Weekend News and competitor's broadcasts)
• complete daily ''Rights Manager'' file which details all outside footage/photos used in prior night's broadcast
• work with CBS Evening News producers as directed
• Bachelor's degree
• 24/7 availability: ability/willingness to work weekends, overtime, and holidays - often with short notice.
• previous TV News internship or comparable experience
• curious mind with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment